Kareema Carley (6)



This meat less Monday was the last one I will have to do for this class. I am not going to say I’m excited about killing the earth by eating meat but I’m happy I don’t have to blog any more. Well this week I had an exam on Monday so for breakfast I had breakfast burrito with just egg and cheese. For lunch I had just something super light because I was about to take an exam. So I ate yogurt with an oatmeal cookie. For dinner after the stressful test I just had Lloyd’s food truck because I really love the onions, they were at Damen from 5:30 to 7:30. I got the tricked out nachos with no meat it was great.
Coming into this class I was not thinking I would acquire the knowledge that I have. I learn many things that I was not aware of happening in the environment and I learn also more myself.  From meatless Mondays I gain the knowledge about how meat negatively impacting our planet.  Factory farming is the biggest cause of global warming on a local to a global stand point. The animal waste goes into the water causing the water supply to be contaminated, killing all of the water life and going into our own water supply.  These big companies also kill the planet by over grazing. Animals put greenhouse gases in the earth every day, the equivalent of 7.8 billion tons of carbon dioxide per year. I also learned a lot about myself. If I  had to give up meat I would become a Pescatarian. Pescatarian is a word sometimes used to describe those who abstain from eating all meat and animal flesh with the exception of fish. I would say that would be the best fit for me because I love sea food. I also learned I can eat a veggie fulfilling meal. Over all I learned a lot.
When I first start this journey I had many challenge from doubting my ability to stick through it but I learn many way to work around them.  One challenge was I hate veggies. Before this I would go weeks without eating them. I learn that not every veggie is nasty and that sometime it’s the way that they are cooked that I did not like. So in order to work around this I started doing research on different meals that I would like. I like pasta so I made pasta with my veggies. Another challenge I had  overcome was sticking with it every Monday and for this I just kind told myself this is not only good for my body but for the plant. The last challenge I would have to say is time management because veggie last for a short time and two I don’t have time to really cook while I am in school. So I found that if I took the time to plan my meal I would have time to make them.
I ate many new foods because this class. I start liking granola because meatless Monday it became my go to breakfast meal on Mondays. I also tried some new soups with a coconut base. One of my new favorite dishes would be the zucchini pasta.  I love that. I tried my best to be opened minded and try new things. I feel that future classes should make a food planner as a project so that they don’t have to plan something every week. I think this would really help in opening up their minded to new food choices. Another thing that they can do would be if they used a different book to understand the principals better. I did enjoy some parts of the book but it did not  have me really get the idea down the way I would have like to understand them.

No comments:

Post a Comment